Terms and Conditions
Welcome to bharatvidya.in, the online learning platform developed by the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute (henceforth mentioned as BORI).
Before subscribing to our offering, please read the following Terms carefully, and contact us if you have any questions, requests for information, or complaints.
By clicking “I accept”, you agree to be bound by these Terms, including the policies referenced in these Terms. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, including the policies referenced in these Terms.
1. The content available on the platform is purely academic in nature, and does not propagate or advocate any ideology or philosophy. Views expressed by the creators of the content are their own, and do not reflect on the position of the BORI.
2. The enrolment, once confirmed, is non-refundable. The enrolment fees may vary based on your location and other factors.
3. Each subscription gives you the life-time access to the subscribed content, unless explicitly stated otherwise. In case of recurring subscriptions after the expiration of the subscription, the access to the content will be lost, and will be subject to renewal of the subscription of the licence. BORI and its Partners reserve the right to change the fees for upcoming subscription cycles at our discretion.
4. Subject to these Terms and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Honour Code, course-specific eligibility requirements, and other terms), we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services.
5. AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDING OF THE LECTURE IS NOT PERMITTED. You must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound or video recording, or store, record or transmit any information or other data with relation to the content available online. Transgression of the condition is a punishable offence under the copyright laws.
6. You are prohibited from sharing access to your account or access information for your account with any third party. Subscription or access to the content available on the platform does not give you ownership of or any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
7. As the content creator and aggregator BORI reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, or modify any Content Offerings, or assessment methodology, either solely, or in accordance with respective content creators’ instructions.
8. BORI is an autonomous research institution registered under the public trust act, and is unaffiliated to any university or UGC. BORI does not grant academic credit for the completion of its Content Offerings. Unless stated officially by a credit granting institution, participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by a particular institution, please do not presume that other institutions will accept that credit.
9. You agree not to accept credit for completing a course unless you have earned a valid course completion certificate or any other equivalent documentation of your completion of the course.
10. We place premium on the privacy and security of users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, BORI cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please contact us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
11. We value the privacy of our users, and are committed to not using personal details beyond course-related processes. The user data will not shared them with any third-party without user-consent. We however are committed to the research in learning and education. And therefore analysis of the learning behaviour, user feedback, learning insights will be used to further improve the quality of the content offered, its presentation and delivery.
12. BORI is located in Pune, India. You agree that these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Maharashtra, India, excluding its conflicts of law provisions.
13. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BORI from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages (to the extent attributable to you under the applicable law), including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
14. Your use of the services offered by BORI is determined by your physical location. You warrant that you are not located in, or ordinarily reside in, any country that is subject to applicable Indian laws and regulations preventing BORI from providing you access to the Services. Your location is determined by your physical location.
15. Use of a virtual private network service, IP routing services, or other similar service for the purpose of circumventing these laws is strictly prohibited.
16. You warrant that you are not named on any government prohibited, denied, unverified-party, sanctions, debarment, or exclusion list or export-controlled related restricted party list (collectively, “Sanctions Lists”). You will immediately discontinue your use of the Services if you are placed on any Sanctions List. You also warrant that you will not export, re-export, or transfer the Services to an entity on any Sanctions List or otherwise use the services in a manner that would be in violation of applicable laws.
17. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, BORI may terminate any further obligations to you, effectively immediately if you are in breach of the obligations in these conditions.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by law, BORI shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from: (a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services; (b) any conduct or content of any party other than the applicable BORI party, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct; or (c) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content or information. In no event shall BORI aggregate liability for all claims related to the services exceed INR 1000 or the total amount of fees received by BORI from you for the use of paid services during the past six months, whichever is greater.
20. You agree that any cause of action related to the services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
21. BORI reserves the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes, via a banner on the website, email notification, another method, or combination of methods. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.